Half Order Most Popular!
Here’s how it works
- Decide which option you would prefer - quarter, half or whole.
- Your cost is calculated by what we call “hanging weight”. Hanging weight is the final weight of the carcass before the beef is butchered into various cuts. How you choose to divide the beef is completely up to you!
- You will pay two separate people - us and the local processor.
- First, once the steer is taken for processing you will receive an invoice from Accent Angus Farm priced at either $3.25, $3.50 or $3.75/lb of hanging weight, depending on your selection of quarter, half or whole. The hanging weight will vary from animal to animal, but you can expect the final weight of a whole beef to range anywhere from 750-850 pounds.
- Your second bill will come from the processor. Expect the processing fee of a whole beef order to be approximately $700, $350 for a half, and $175 for a quarter. (Your overall investment calculates to roughly $5.00-$6.00 per pound...even for the specialty steaks!)
- You can communicate with the processor on how you’d like your beef to be cut, how many steaks you’d like and their respective thickness, and how much of your beef you’d like to be ground and packaged individually into ground beef.
How do I get my order?
As of right now, the easiest way to pick up your meat is directly from the processor. Depending on your location, we may also be able to deliver your freezer beef or meet you at a convenient location for both parties (may be subject to an additional fee). We are actively working on shipping your orders directly to you. These are large shipments and the fees associated with that may be high, but we are willing to ship them to you if necessary.